23 August, 2011

What's What

Here is another post about films I'm looking forward to seeing. This time it's two films from the same person, American Director Matthew Leutwyler. The films: The River Why and Answers to Nothing.




Back in October of 2008 I wrote my first post about films I look forward to seeing. One of those films was The River Why. Here's what I posted:

"The River Why
Directed by Matthew Leutwyler (Road Kill, This Space Between Us, Dead & Breakfast, Unearthed), starring people.

What it is:
The latest film from Matthew Leutwyler, based on the acclaimed novel The River Why.

Why I'm excited:
Matthew Leutwyler is one of my favorite directors, and directed one of my favorite films, This Space Between Us. Since making that film, he went on to make the excellent horror comedy Dead & Breakfast, and the less than spectacular horror flick Unearthed. I've been waiting for Leutwyler to return to the director chair with an intelligent, thoughtful film for years. While Leutwyler is an incredibly gifted filmmaker that has created two brilliant films, I think the best of his work has yet to be made, and I believe that he has the ability to become one of the greatest directors of our time
."


----Back in 0'11, it hasn't seen anything beyond festivals and a very limited theatrical release. The film stars Zach Gilford, Amber Heard, Kathleen Quinlan and William Hurt. I've been waiting, rather impatiently, to see those actors in The River Why for nearly three years. Finally, the wait is nearly over. On November 8TH of this year, it will be released on Blu-ray and DVD. For me, November 8TH can't come soon enough.

That brings us to the second Matthew Leutwyler film of 2011, Answers to Nothing. As luck would have it, Answers to Nothing will reportedly see a nationwide theatrical released on December 2ND, less than a month after The River Why comes out on home video. The film is about the intertwining of lives during a search for a missing child. Answers to Nothing stars Dane Cook, Elizabeth Mitchell, Julie Benz, Barbara Hershey, Zach Gilford, Erik Palladino, Kali Hawk and Miranda Bailey. Needless to say, I'm excited about the last two months of this year.



Matthew Leutwyler's Filmography:
Road Kill
This Space Between Us
Dead & Breakfast
Unleashed
The River Why
Answers to Nothing

No comments: