01 September, 2008

Away With Words

Away With Words
Christopher Doyle, known primarily as a world class cinematographer, branched out back before the turn of the century into the world of directing. What came of his first foray in the director's chair is disconnected, loud, alienating, and charming. Away With Words captures what it is too feel like an outsider or a stranger in your own shoes. Like great poetry or a film by David Lynch, the best part of Away With Words isn't something anyone can tell you, it is what you take away from viewing it that matters.

With any luck, I'll soon get back to my regular film watching schedule of five or more films a week, as I have a fairly long list of films to watch. However, that luck isn't going to kick in until at least next month, if then, so the amount of movies I watch will be smaller, while the blogs I post about them will probably be longer. Yay for words.

Happy Labor Day.

No comments: